Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Hair Story-Why It's Such a Big Deal~ Part III

Okay, I guess it's that time again, here is another installment of 'My Hair Story'... ~I'm thinking of getting brains now!! SMH

So, for those that may not be familiar, I have shared past and sometimes painful hair stories but I will bring you up to date on this years hair journey. I was growing locs for the past 5 years or so, however THIS year I decided to cut them all off!!


*This is the last picture of 2012.

Since relocating to the bay area, I started gradually trimming the ends. But, little by little, I came to realize that I had to do the 'BIG CHOP' and just cut them all the way off.  No more swinging locs. No more little Nubian knots after washing, and no more pony tails!!
No more tiresome washing. No more hour-long sessions of twisting and applying of shea butter. Oh how I was gonna miss all of THAT! LOL
 The driving factor of course was the negative energy that I felt I had to rid myself of. Since many people do not understand the strong force the hair can process , they can not fathom someone WILLINGLY cutting ALL of their hair off. We have got to have some drastic explanation as to WHY OH WHYYY GURL would you cut all your beautiful hair!!

       *My birthday this year

Now mind you, there are some others who still hadn't quiet come to grips with the whole 'Natural Hair' thing to begin with and was like, 'oh good, now you can get a perm!'... *rolls eyes* No, wait.. the last thing that was 'suggested to me was.. 'why don't you get a wig until your hair grows back?'  P_P
Anyone who KNOWS ME knows, I'm not wearing no damn wig!! Man! people never stop surprising me with foolish statements, but I digress.

So having said all of that.. it's no WONDER that I'm now contemplating getting braids. I've had negative thoughts about my hair 'planted' into my psyche and I tell you it JUST came to me as I am writing this. While I am not impressed with the speed in which my hair is growing back, I just have to be patient and let it figure out what it's trying to do this time around.  Boy, glad I talked with out with you all. I think I'll wait a little longer to have my scalp pulled beyond mercy. Thanks for listening.
~Peace and Hair grease~

No comments:

Post a Comment