Sunday, April 24, 2016

About Prince... of course

WHEW!! 2016 has been rough for the LIVING!! So many souls have transitioned so far this year. It seems a bit overwhelming. In an attempt to get my thought together I created a poem of sorts listing a few artists who have passed this year and included one of their songs. It's a bit corny..but it gave me a distracts of sorts.  I've always wanted to do a piece something like this.




“The Day… Prince Went Home”

When Prince came, Natalie Cole said. Hey Mr. Melody’ and

Maurice White was like; ‘Let’s Groove Tonight!’ 

Looking for
Vanity
Prince said where’s my ‘Nasty Girl’?

Paul Kantner looked at her and said oh good, now you have ‘Somebody To Love’

David Bowie chimed in with of course it is a ‘Modern Love’

Yes! Vanity said Joey Feek sang ‘If I Needed You’ for me
And once Frank Sinatra Jr sang ‘My Way’ I just knew

Just then Phife Dawg said well ‘Can I Kick It?’ and

Merle Haggard jumped in with make sure you don’t ‘Sing A Sad Song’

At the end Glenn Frey made sure there was a ‘Peaceful Easy Feeling’

1 comment:

  1. I Love it! Great job! U put it together just right! ❤️������

    ReplyDelete