Saturday, October 19, 2013

...'Don't fall in lust, fall in love'....

Someone tweeted this phrase the other day, and my response was; 'why not both'? Now, initially this was posed as a joke, but when I got the response back; 'lust is temporary and love is forever' it really got me thinking. I was SERIOUS about my response. I've experienced both feelings and what I've come to realize it that a good relationship should include both. I mean think about it.. of COURSE you want to be in love and all of that, but to be in 'lust' or to be have someone lust over you is something that you don't want to stop. I want to ALWAYS desire the person I'm in love with and for him to desire me. If not, all you have is someone that you may love and care about, but maybe not be fulfilled in other areas, and that's not good!~  Yeah, I want to 'fall in Love and Lust' and may it last forever.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to say that. I have always been in the both when I was on the date mode; always giving hard especially to those I had the duality of the two traits; usually getting a raw deal in the end.

    That doesn't mean that it was the woman's fault. I may have been overzealous or impatient in my methods to a long-term relationship because I was doing way too much for a woman.

    I realized it when I met my wife. She did what I was doing to me and it was overwhelming. I realized that I have to be myself in order to be accepted as such.

    I had to break it down to her and she understood.

    That's how we became one.

    ReplyDelete