Thursday, October 25, 2012

'What don't kill you...

You know that saying 'What don't kill you makes you stronger'....yeah I don't know how I feel about. It maybe more accurate to state that 'what don't kill you makes you CRAZY!!!' Sometimes, depending on the person, being put through one too many test can push you over the 'edge'.  I'm speaking from experience.  In no way am I trying to make light of mental illness, if anything, we tend to not mention it UNLESS we are making some type of joke about it.  But I'm here to tell ya, it is more prevalent than we would like to realize.  'Whooo sawww'ing and practicing yoga/meditation can only work for so long. Of course I have other things I do to 'settle' myself, but when one or more of those things are not available, I feel like I'm on the verge of breaking down.

I think one of the things that helps me keep it together it the fear of being put in a mental hospital, other wise, I might be running around acting out the above photo. 


Just yesterday there was a report of a shooting inside of a church.  This isn't the first time someone has done that. Shootings have occurred in the parking lot of a church and even at a funeral.  It makes people feel like no place is safe. But this is just another example of someone who couldn't keep it together.  Who KNOWS what kind of 'demons' this person was facing.  But we won't bother with those details. We will mourn the life loose, then keep it moving; until the next person looses control.
We must keep in mind that anyONE of us can 'snap' at anytime...but for the grace of God go I. ~ Ashe

1 comment: