Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's not easy to 'Keep it Classy'...



   One of my daughters get's a kick out of calling me 'classy'. I think it's a compliment, but I wasn't quiet sure what she meant by it so it made me wonder what was the opposite (slang word) for classy. I gather it must be 'ghetto' or 'keepin it real'.  You know how folks go all bad=they 'keeping it real/ghetto'. Now, for the most part, I do try to maintain a certain amount of composure, especially since it is in my nature to fly off the handle,  but since I am human, there have been times when I didn't and I let the worse part of me take over.  The key element of 'being classy' is to NOT allow myself to be put in certain situations.  If I know there is a chance I might not be able to keep it together, I'm not going go.  Unfortunately, I have missed out on some potential good times, but not sure if the gamble would have been worth it.  I know at times it may have seemed that I didn't care or was unsympathetic to those around, but for the most part I was trying to 'keep it classy'. I pride myself on being the 'bigger person' even when it makes me look like the bad guy.  I have too much at stake to risk my dignity and freedom especially over some bull shiii... *wait, did that sound 'classy'? *shrugs*





I saw this re-tweet  and I thought it was a good way to explain it.

*"In every situation in Life there's always a higher way to deal with it." #UntetheredSoul #SuperSoulSunday~Ms. Oprah via @3LWTV (Lonnell Willams) AKA 'OwnAmbassador'

1 comment:

  1. It ain't easy keeping it classy ... in the end u will feel better for it but in the end .... Ur tongue will ne sore (personal experience)

    ReplyDelete