Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It Sure Is Easy To Be Judgmental on Twitter....

Watching TV has become more interesting thanks to twitter.  Most times it's fun to read other people thoughts as they watch the same program. But last night I saw a lot of judgement, and it got me to thinking.  People sure are BRAVE on twitter.  I understand that some people are more outspoken than others, but I bet half the tweets would NEVER be said to that person's face. 
 Last night was VH1's Behind the Music with Toni Braxton.  I saw more than one person tweeting things that I considered to be very judgmental.  Now it didn't help that Toni put 'Mother O' on blast, so that might have cost her any chance at sympathy.  But once she put out there that Oprah (in her opinion) was the reason her music career took a dive, all bets were off.  I just think it is easy to sit in judgement of someone else life, when you haven't gone through what they have. She's not the only artist to suffer from a bad business deal, nor is she the first to file for bankruptcy  The saddest part of all was about her illness.  Until you've had to deal with a MAJOR set-back like that; you have NO IDEA what that fight is like. Not to mention, we have all made bad decisions in our life, some more obvious than others, but before you sit in judgment; walk a block in their shoes... then tweet about THAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment