Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Now I Wish I Had Watched...the DAMN Bet Awards"

So I wasn't among the 7 plus million views who watched the BET awards; and now I have mixed emotions about it.  I don't usually watch any awards shows due to my inability to stay neutral.  For some odd reason I become overly involved emotionally. Because 'yelling' at the TV can NOT be a good thing. I take it so personal when my favorite artist isn't nominated or if they don't win, so I just don't set my self up like that anymore.  But this time I am feeling 'left-out' because I didn't torture myself by suffering through the bad parts of the show to see the few good ones.  For instance; one of my favorite singers (Ledisi~see previous post) sang a tribute song to one of my ALL Time favorite singers Teena Marie. OMG!! I would have sat through (almost) anything to have seen that live!!    Even though I just saw it online; it just wasn't the SAME as if I had seen it...when the rest of the west coast was seeing it..

No comments:

Post a Comment