Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Every song on every album??"...

I guess it was 4 yrs ago when I first heard of  Ledisi.  'Alright' was featured in Tyler Perry's movie 'Meet the Browns'.  I saw her name in the credits and the next time I was in a record store I picked up her CD 'Lost and Found'.  I have been a fan every since. The amazing thing about that album was finding others songs that were just a good or better than 'It's Alright'.  I even performed a dance to 'Think of You' because it inspired me so much.  Almost every song on that album I could relate to and if I couldn't well hell that didn't matter cuz that gurl can sang!!.  That CD STAYED in the CD player..I wore it out!!

It must have been the next year or so when her next CD came out.  Now I'm a fan, so that means I'm gonna buy your CD just to support your efforts; but baybee, let me tell you.  This CD was better (if that's possible) than the previous one.  I don't know how many times I've bought someones CD and only liked to two or three songs, and had to skip over the rest.  But not 'Turn Me Loose'.  This one also got played from beginning to end.. Now don't get me wrong I have my favorites that I might just pop on real quick.  Like 'Higher Than This' ,'Knockin' and 'Goin Thru Changes'. Depending on my mood; those three are my drop dead favorites.

Now she has gone and done it again...'Pieces of Me' was release today and due to the magic of the web; I've had the opportunity to listen to some songs early... I AM NOT MAD!!  I will be buying this CD.  From the title track to 'Coffee' and all the way to the end; has delivered yet ANOTHER banging album...How does she do it??!!  Other artist better take note.  From the band, to the production, to the song writing; Ledisi is a non-stop hit maker..  Check her out for yourself...She will not disappoint..
'Cuz she been here...all de time'..

~SN: I saw her in concert for my birthday...'Thanks MOM!"

No comments:

Post a Comment