Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It's Hot ft. Pharrell Williams

This Sun Drop commercial is messing up the mental images in my mind. This classic rap song inspires the thought of 'droppin it like it's HHOT'...but you got to HAVE SOMETHING TO DROP to make it work.  Below are the images you should see when you hear a beat as fresh as this..Not some White chick looking all goofy...dressed in clothes from the sixties ?? and randomly popping up like Lil Mama...Ugh we can't have nothing!! 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUVQei3nX4

*Side Note: here is the poem I wrote back in 2005 when this song first came out. 

The Memory of Dance
Drums pound rhythmic sounds-new yet so familiar 
Pulsating rhymes-penetrate my mind
Dance instinctively moves my body
I am overcome
I am one
with the music
-Visions of contracting mid-sections
Rotating, gyrating hips
giving praise to the goddess above
None of the movements are new,
just recycled and re-used, but no longer for good
The when and why's 
no longer matter
just intoxication movements devoid of purpose


Antiway..My random thoughts..okay back to your scheduled programming

No comments:

Post a Comment