Saturday, July 9, 2011

"Well Who The Hell Did It Then?"





   

So just like the infamous OJ Simpson Trial, I followed the Casey Anthony case from beginning to end.  I listened to all the evidence even though I had my mind made up the all along, but the unlike the OJ trial I always thought she GUILTY!  Now I know this is the 'Law and Order' era where we are used to seeing the prosecutors' win the case, especially when the defendant is OBVIOUSLY guilty.  But for those of us old enough to remember Perry Mason shows where the defense attorney takes on the client that always appears guilty.  In those shows when Perry Mason proved his client was innocent, someone ALWAYS came clean. "I DID IT!!, I KILLED HIM!!" Perry was that one attorney that you knew would find away to make the guilty party confess.

So flash forward to the present day.   I know, I know, this is NOT a TV show; this is real life.  But I think the reason the public is so outraged about the the outcome of both trials is~they want to know: Well Who The Hell Did it Then?!!  Where is the screaming confession in open court?  Who really committed this horrid crime if it wasn't the mother?  We are left feeling confused and empty, because the so-called killer is still out there; and a bunch of unanswered questions. It's unfortunate that the public puts so much faith in our justice system and they rely on it to make them feel better. 

Well it didn't work for the OJ Simpson's case and it didn't work this time.  I too was feeling stunned, but not really because I could see where the jury could come to their decision.  I had to remind my self of the bigger forces at work.  We just have to believe in Karma and something called Universal Law. And believe that one way or another, she will get hers; just look what happened to poor old OJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment