Friday, February 25, 2011

Should I Still Be Offended?

So, I was at the local Buffalo Wild Wings grabbing a to-go order when I spotted this picture on the wall. At first I didn’t know what was wrong with the chicken until I stepped back to get a better look.  Once I realized the chicken was wearing some sort of ‘dread locked wig’ I was sort of shocked.  Being a person with locs I’m sure I am a bit sensitive when it comes to my hair choice and what it represents for me, so seeing MY HAIR STYLE on a chicken didn’t sit well with me. “Hey, you see this?” I asked my daughter. I’m taking a picture of this.. I told her.. I can’t believe they got the nerve to have this UP here!, I’m thinking as I take the picture.  Well fast forward to this week, when I came across an article about a ‘black owed business’ doing their thang..and what not.  I clicked the link and what do I see? An interview with two brothas that own the Buffalo Wild Wings Franchise.. Now I’m not sure if the own ALL the BWW across America, but it gave me reason to ponder my earlier ‘problem’ with the photo.  Was this the brothas idea of a joke, or some white Marketing dudes idea of being innovative…Either way we can’t win for loosing…our hair always becomes more appealing when represented on an animal.  But wearing locs does NOT make you Jamaican… Nor will it make  your chicken taste any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment